Monday, July 2, 2012

One of those things

We live in the information age.

There is a big but. A lot of the information out there is either exaggerated, distorted, biased or simply untrue.

Yet, people swear by such pieces of information. Because most people do not know how to connect the dot, and can fall for anything.

Mind you, I am not talking about people who are high school dropouts. I am talking about people who have a lot of schooling, in this case I am talking about more than one masters degree, and have even written books. Yes, indeed.

I understand, people cannot know everything. To be honest, the more you know, the more you should be aware that you don't know. The real problem is when people say that something exists, matter of factly, when they are lies.

Somebody told me the other day that a certain fast food chain's burgers are made of snail meat, giant snails grown in farms. I think he believes it. On to something more serious.

Then I meet another person, who impresses me greatly with his culture, poise and reasoning. Then the guy starts ranting about the Illuminatti, then tells me that one family, the Rothschilds, has 50 % of the worlds money!!!!

I did not know the Rothschilds were Chinese or Saudis...

At any rate, this type of assertion might be fitting around 1642, but we are in 2012!!!

In a sense, I am relieved. Because I was just so fascinated with this individual, that it worried me. I like to have some critical sense when I converse with somebody, even if it does not result in an argument or long discussions. For internal use.

Now I need not worry anymore.

I still consider him intelligent, cultured, and all, but far from flawless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment