Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Parking in Miami Beach again

I hate to sound repetitious. But Miami Beach does have parking issues. However, let us praise when something works right.

I had my car at a lot today from 9:37 AM until almost six. A lot full of cars. I overstayed a few minutes, guess what, I got a ticket. Yes, parking enforcement is efficacious in Miami Beach, although not so much when it comes to fining business owners who park in unloading zones for hours on end. I don't know why that is.

But they were sure efficient today, giving my US$18.00 ticket, because I overstayed a few minutes after paying 8 bucks.

I do understand the need to make revenue for the city, however, I believe parking enforcement should also make sure that those sun-powered parking ticket dispensing machines work. FOR MOST OF THEM DON'T. At a day and age when carrying cash seems to be an evidence of criminality, and most ATMs basically charge as much as 10 % a day interest on your money, it seems that these stupid machines should be accepting credit cards at all times. I had to go to several machines today to get the one ticket that got me a fine. For it said "Full time allowed" which let me to think I was good until next morning.

Sure, I know nothing will be done, so I am not going to Court to dispute this, but at least I got this off my chest. Until the next ticket.

1 comment:

  1. UK car park Management is a UK based car parking enforcement and Management Company which provides parking control services.

    ReplyDelete